Argon is an important analytical condition for spectrometers. It is essential for the normal use of the test and the accuracy of the results. Generally, 99.999% purity argon is required, but in reality, most argon manufacturers do not detect such high purity. The equipment is entirely based on experience. The levels of the argon plant are not uniform. The argon gas labeled as 5 9 may not be used in practice. We can only analyze the purity of argon by relying on various characteristics of the detection process.
(1) The purity of ordinary argon is generally not higher than four 9.The main function of argon is to protect the tungsten electrode. Generally, the excitation temperature is high due to the high instantaneous voltage and current when the spectrum is excited. If the purity is not enough, the tungsten electrode will be damaged, and some high melting point materials such as silicon will not be sufficiently excited, and there will be many white spots on the metal surface, which will cause inaccurate detection data.
(2) Do not use general argon, it will not be excited after a few months. Of course, if the argon purifier is new, it can still last for a while, but there are many impurities in general argon, especially for the light path. Large lens damage, it is highly recommended not to use argon
(3) Impurity of argon gas, the biggest impact is the lens, which causes lens contamination and affects the spectral line of the direct-reading spectrometer. Furthermore, the sound performance is weak during excitation, and the excitation point is not fully burned, which directly affects the analysis data. The obtained data deviates from the actual value. ,Inaccurate.
(4) High-purity argon is the main body of the protective gas of the spark chamber, and its high purity will form the required "energy-gathering discharge". Otherwise, it is the so-called "diffusion discharge" which causes bad excitation. The more complicated the structure of the sample, the stricter the argon purity requirements.
(5) The purity of argon used in the direct-reading spectrometer is ≥99.996%. The argon with insufficient purity will cause the following consequences:
1. The correction coefficient exceeds the required range, and the normalization coefficient is too high.
2. The excitation light source does not excite and trip.
3. Diffusion discharge during excitation, the excitation point is white (white point), the intensity is reduced, the surface of the sample is not eroded, and the analysis data is inaccurate.
4. The analysis data of the direct-reading spectrometer is unstable, especially the elements with lower wavelengths such as: C, P, S, etc. There are also some high-alloy castings, cast aluminum, cast iron, pure metals, etc.
Wuxi Jiebo Instrument Technology Co., Ltd. All rights reserved Record number: 苏 ICP 备 10025668 号 -6
Phone: 400-858-0166 Fax: 0510-84601616
Address: 26-9 Huibei Road, Photoelectric New Material Industrial Park, Liangxi District, Wuxi City
Technical Support: Avatar Networks
Wechat QR code
Scan your phone